Eating the Apple

Eve did it. Adam did it. Now it's my turn to take a bite. Why not? Hey! It's delicious.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

9/11 Lessons Not Learned

Former members of the 9/11 Commission have just said that the nation is at risk of more terrorist attacks because the government has failed to implement many of the recommendations of the commission. They said, in essence, that Washington politics has compromised national security.

A few months ago I took a ride on a mid-sized prop jet. The security screeners at the airport gave me the royal treatment. They made me take my shoes off and checked me for nail files and clippers. Because I am a heavy individual I was given a seat belt extender when I got on the aircraft. A seat belt extender makes a pretty good weapon, much better than nail clippers.

I agree with the 9/11 Comissioners. We have a long way to go, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home